Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fort Walton Beach Day 2 11/01/17


We got up this morning and it was such a nice spot and free, we are in no rush to get anywhere so we decided to stay another day and get some chores done.  My main project was to wash the mustache off of the boat on both sides which requires launching the dingy. The davit is long enough that I can boom out across the dock and launch on the far side of the dock we are tied to.  Otherwise I would have to turn the boat around to do this.  Now if I turned the boat around I wouldn't need the dingy cause I could do it all from the dock.  My preferred cleaning solution is a 50/50 mix of On/Off and water.  Just spray it on and brush it around and the mustache is gone.  Bad part is so is all the wax that might have remained.  I purchased a handicapped suction handle that I thought would allow me to hold onto the boat as I worked my way down the side but it did not stay on well so I tied the dingy off and moved the painter  along as I worked my way down the side and dragging the hose along to rinse off after the On/Off had done its magic.

I took the bicycle and some cloth grocery bags up to a Publix about 4 blocks away and did some grocery shopping.  I also passed bars and restaurants along the way that would have been the source of the live music last night that we could hear from the boat.  Nice Publix with a good selection of fresh veggies and fruit.

After with no mustache.  Much better.
Once the mustache project was completed it was time for a cocktail cruise in the dingy with Abby.  We have always had Tervis Tumblers for drinks and recently we purchased snap on lids that close so you can take your cocktail with you and it won't spill, even if it falls over in the dink.  Great addition to the cruising equipment.
This afternoons view.  The bridge in the background leads over to the barrier island and is really busy even at 6:00 AM. Fortunately it's far enough away you don't hear it.

Sunrise from our dock this morning overlooking Fort Walton Beach
The Free City dock also has water and free pumpout which would be really good if the pumpout had a little more suction.  As it was it barely lifted the effluent out of the tank and never totally emptied the tanks.  There is a nice park adjoining the city docks and when you check in you call the police dispatch number and the Police then patrol the area at night to make sure there is no trouble.  Made us feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment