Monday, October 16, 2017

Aqua Harbor to Fulton Lock 10/14/17

Another beautiful day travelling the waterways of the country.  Blue skies and warm winds.  We have been very lucky with the weather almost no rain now for over a month.  Sometimes I think we headed south too soon cause its still hot some days and getting hotter as we go south.  We pass the days riding along listening to music and enjoying the breeze.  Some business calls and I have to do some orders too.  There are fewer barges and tows here than on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers and much smaller too. There are more locks here than I expected but so far we have almost always locked through alone and the service has been terrific. We arrive and the doors are open and the lockmasters couldn't be nicer.   Tonight we stopped just above Fulton lock and took Abby for a dingy ride over to a boat ramp on the opposite shore about a mile back upstream.  She is very funny in the dingy and gets really excited about going for a ride.  Then she does her best to drink all of the water from the river and her ears flap in the wind.  It amuses us.  I dove again on the zincs to get some measurements of the zincs bolted to the transom as I will need to replace them when we get to Mobile.  I placed my order and they should be waiting for us at the marina in Mobile.
Something I've been wanting to do is have my teeth cleaned.  I usually have them done three times a year and it's been since April when they were last done.  I tried making an appointment at Green Turtle but they had no appointments available for our schedule and also wanted to add an hour consultation with the dentist on top of the cleaning.  I was able to make two appointments one for me and one for Debbie in Fairhope AL for next Thursday and we are looking forward to it.  Now all I need to find is a Chiropractor.  My back has been killing me lately and I've been trying ice packs but it needs to be cracked!  That usually works and I hope it does again.



Tight pass on this tow this morning.  The captain and I agreed on a one whistle pass

Picture taken from the bridge yesterday of the Tenn-Tom

Bye bye Aqua Harbor
The beginning of the Tenn-Tom waterway

At times its man made and very straight

Barges getting loaded with mulch

Full Barges ready to move




No comments:

Post a Comment