Thursday, October 12, 2017

Paris Landing State Park 10/10/17

We woke up this morning and it had not started raining yet but looks like it will soon.  We have decided to stay another day and as I said yesterday we worked on the freezer and the settee. I started this morning by removing the condensing unit to get a model number on it so I can order a new one.  I have spent around three hours googling the unit but so far have not found a source to purchase one or the exact model number I need.  I spoke with Frigibar  the manufacturer of the freezer this morning and they sent me a quote for nearly $1500.00 for a new condensing unit.  Remember in previous posts this thing goes for $5600.00 new!! I have found similar condensing units on eBay for $4-500 and I'm sure I can do better than $1500.00.  Either that or I'm going to do some more work on the old one and try a new thermostat. This afternoon I spoke with Enbraco tech support and I'm waiting for a call back.  The girl I spoke with was very pleasant and I'm hoping for a good answer.
After I finished with the freezer I needed to wash the aft deck and got that accomplished before lunch.  Maybe some beers for lunch and an afternoon siesta.
Debbie and I went over to the Paris Landing Resort a State run resort that has a buffet for dinner and tonight's menu was Crazy Chicken.  Basically everything chicken.  Well I have eaten better cafeteria food and although it was cheap ($9.95) per person it was not memorable.  Debbie walked and I rode my new bike over for about a mile to get there.  It was very dark when we headed back and there were lots of stars out tonight but it's still very hot out and we never got the rain we were expecting.  We watched a new episode of Downton Abbey and then a n episode of Madame Secretary, then off to bed.

Image result for paris landing state park
Aerial picture of Paris Landing Marina

I got some emails back from Embraco and Denny was very helpful but I still don't have something to order.  He did suggest I look at United Services as he said they might have a better selection.
Debbie hard at work upholstering

No comments:

Post a Comment