Saturday, October 21, 2017

Rattlesnake Bend to Demopolis Marina 10/18/17

We made yesterday a longer day so we could get close to Demopolis and check in early in Demopolis to do some shopping and boat washing.
Up the creek last night

Up the creek this morning


Abby going to the beach
We arrived at the marina around 11:00 AM and checked in.  I started to wash all of the flybridge which was covered in bugs, mostly midges and spiders. I worked for about two hours on it and then the dockmistress came by and wanted me to come and check in.  While I was going over, I figured I may as well take the courtesy car and head to Walmart for some shopping. They have a strange policy about the courtesy car here.  You need to fill the car up when you return it and provide a receipt.  I filled her up for a whooping $1.29 and turned in the receipt.
After I got the shopping done and returned to the boat to continue washing I was getting tired and a little lazy.  Anyways I was using this long handled brush which extends out to about 12' to wash the boat and when I put it down to rinse off the boat it slipped and fell into the water. I looked over the side and it was floating and I thought well I'll just finish rinsing and then go pick it up. Then I started to think about it and thought maybe it would sink if left too long.  I got the boat pole and leaned over the side just in time to watch it slip under the water and sink.  Well the pole is about $40.00 and the brush is another $35.00 so I was going to get them.  I tried the boat pole but it wasn't long enough to reach the bottom so I had to get in the water and dive down a few feet so the boat pole would touch the bottom.  After about 10 minutes I finally hooked the brush and was able to retrieve it.  Usual lesson here "why wait to do something easy when waiting will only make it harder" Amen....
So after my nice swim in the marina YUK.  I rinsed off and finished washing the boat.  It was definitely cocktail hour and I was ready for some.

View from our slip







No comments:

Post a Comment