Thursday, July 13, 2017

Endymion Island 7/12/17

We were all settled in and enjoying our morning.  I had taken Abby for her walk on the island and was swimming when the parks Canada guys showed up.  So "do you have a mooring pass?" Yes I do.  How long is your boat?  54 feet.  Sorry you can't stay on the mooring balls if your boat is over 45 feet....  Damn!!  So we had lunch and moved over to an anchorage just on the other side of the spit of land from where we were yesterday. When we backed in I set the main anchor with the idea of securing a stern anchor to keep us in the center of a narrow channel and not into the rocky shores.  The wind is blowing out of the northeast and we are somewhat exposed but nothing too bad.  The stern anchor didn't seem to set very well and after dinner I pulled it in (not set at all) and took it back out for another try.  Debbie let out more rode on the main anchor and I was able to hook some rocks with the stern anchor and got a good bite on them.  We winched in the main anchor to tighten everything up and it all seems to be holding well.  We watched another two episodes of Homeland tonight and the pre going to bed anchor check looked good.  Nice tight stern line and therefore a tight main anchor line.  Its blowing about 10-15 knots so a little noisy but not bouncy.  We are not doing much and Debbie is trying to be good to her wrist.  Did I mention I think I'm getting dishpan hands! I really appreciate my crew more than ever now.
Nice tight stern anchor line

 As you can see from Google Maps capture we are barely in Canada and the plus is I get data and cell phone service from Verizon here so it makes it easier to get some work done

We are the red triangle.  This is where we are now and last night we were on the other side of the spit of land near the dock.

The view out the stern


No comments:

Post a Comment