Saturday, July 8, 2017

Gananoque to Endymion Island

We stayed for late check out at the Gananoque Marina and got a bunch of boat chores taken care of.  Changed the oil and filters on the generator, watered the batteries, cleaned out the level sensors in the holding tank (yuk) and Debbie vacuumed, did laundry and cleaned.  When we left we got a pump out and filled with water for the next couple of days out on the hook. We looked at going to Camelot Island but there were no spaces available.  We rounded the corner of the next island to the east and found a nice mooring ball off of Parks Endymion Island. We are getting better at picking up mooring balls and may have come up with a method of getting the line around the hook on the mooring ball to the bow.  It worked well for us today. We swam and lounged the afternoon away, relaxing after a busy couple of weeks of visiting, guests and friends. I dove on the running gear and all is good still.  I'm not sure how many boat tours I have done so far but if I was charging I think I could pay for the trip.  We have had so many people bring food and with the provisions we got at Cosco I'm finally getting to the back of the fridge to see what we have.  I think we are still good for a couple of more days before we will need to re-provision.  We had hoped to have dinner with Russell and Brenda in Gananoque but their schedules and ours didn't work out.  I looked for Harmer's Cottages on our way out and spotted them from a distance.  Maybe we will see Mal and Penny nearer Kingston.
Abby, Debbie and I went out for a dingy cocktail ride and then dinner on the boat and after two episodes of Homeland it was time for bed.
Our neighbors in the mooring field at Endymion Island

The Parks dock.  Notice they have put concrete blocks on the dock so it doesn't float away

No comments:

Post a Comment