Saturday, July 8, 2017

Martha's Cove to Hudson

 We left Martha';s Cove around 10:00 AM after spending time chatting with Lawrence and walking around to check the place out. Down the river to the lock at Carillon where the doors opened for us on arrival and we proceeded straight into the lock.  Once through we started to see how much the high water had affected Rigaud and on down the Ottawa towards Hudson. There are fewer and fewer buoys in the water and in fact there were a total of 6 buoys from Carillon to Ottawa and some of those are privately maintained like the red off of Martha's Cove. It made me smile to pull into HYC after not driving a boat into there for 22 years.  We were greeted by Lois and many others as we tied up for 5 days.  The only available spot was outside on the L pier and with the high water this year there was no power or water out there.  We were fine as we had filled up this morning and had the generator when we needed power.

Carillon Lock with the door opening

View of the staircase to get out of the lock in an emergency


Wendy checking out the lock

Jim chatting to the lock tenders
Andre and Martine had invited us to dinner and we needed to get over there for 5:00.  I was running a little late and headed over to the car when I was hailed into the tent and much to my surprise there was a tent full of people there to greet Debbie and I back to Hudson.  This is the third time I have had a surprise party in my honor at HYC and I was again truly surprised.  Thank you to all who came and especially Andre and Martine who made it a special evening for Debbie and I.  The other two surprises were my 40th birthday (with a Belly Dancer) and a welcome to Hudson party for Debbie years ago including a Key to the town!

It rained for a while and after the rain  ended there was a beautiful rainbow over the boat.  I felt so lucky to be greeted and celebrated by many good friends.  Thank you all.

Theres gold at the end of the Rainbow and its right in our boat

No comments:

Post a Comment