Monday, July 17, 2017

Still at Endymion Island 7/16/17

We have spent the last couple of days relaxing at our anchorage here at Endymion Island.  Very peaceful and relaxing.  Debbie is taking good care of her wrist and hopefully it is healing well. I have done a number of chores such as cleaning out the shower sump, changing the zincs on the bow thruster props, fixing the depth sounder (maybe), reinstalling the stereo on the flybridge, Always a fun job getting my little body in under the flybridge cowling and tidying up wires and checking connections.  Anyways I made it in and more importantly back out again.  I have almost had to call paramedics to extract me before and had to calm myself so I could relax and save up the energy to crawl out again.  Its not my favorite place.
This morning I cleaned the mustache off of the boat and washed the water line of scum and stains.  Looks much better now.  The water was perfect for swimming today and I spent about an hour total in it checking and replacing zincs and checking the running gear.  We finally saw some sun this morning and even though it has clouded over this afternoon it has been a pleasant day.  Debbie was reading that its in the high 90's in Charleston and I'm sure humid too.  The weather here is so much more pleasant when the sun comes out, bright blue clear skies and no humidity.  We will stay here for another couple of days and then head to Kingston Tuesday to see Debbie's Ortho Doctor Wednesday morning at 8:00 AM.
Abby got a good brushing and is relaxed and enjoys her walks on the island.  The poop bags are piling up after 4 days though.  It will be nice to take out the trash when we get back to land.


Our Loon Friends

Abby and I sat here one morning on Camelot Island

Here is the view from those chairs
Mr Loon



No comments:

Post a Comment