Saturday, July 22, 2017

Trent Port Marina 7/21/17

Today is cleaning day.  Took everything out of the cockpit and cleaned the floor,windows, chairs and the freezer.  We have a fancy dancy freezer that came with the boat.  Its called a Frigibar and I saw their booth at the boat show in Ft. Lauderdale last November when we were at the boat show.  So I walk up and see the same freezer as we have and I asked how much?  $5600.00 dollars!!  Well I guess it's a nice freezer and it keeps things cold/frozen but it never shuts off.  It is hooked up to a circuit powered by the inverter so I worry that it will suck the life out of the batteries because it never stops.  I thought maybe the fan was not working or the condenser coils were dirty.  I cleaned the coils and the fan works fine but it just runs and runs.  Whats worse is the freezer is about 3 feet from our heads when we are sleeping and the $5600. beauty is not very quite!
This afternoon I will continue washing the fore decks and doing some maintenance on our bicycles.  All the salt water on the way up has been hard on them and they need a good oiling and some of the cables are seized up and need to be replaced.  I took the BMW down this morning so I can ride around town and pick up whatever parts I need.  Probably will head over to Canadian Tire eh? and then Dougs bike shop.  No beer with lunch today so I should make it through till cocktail hour.
I gave Abby a bath and she looks and smells nice.  We tried a new detangler on her coat and it seems to work well.  She is so good about being washed and brushed.  She will just sit there on a chair and let you cover her head and body with shampoo and water and keeps her eyes closed the whole time until she is rinsed off.  I never seen such a cooperative victim.
Wet clean dog



1 comment:

  1. we're keen to "travel along" with you through the blog. Nice writing job. Hoping that Debbie's medical will be OK. Bert & Karen

    ReplyDelete