Sunday, September 3, 2017

Moiles Harbor to Beardrop Harbor 9/1/17

We left Moiles Harbor around 11:00 AM and didn't bring up anymore logs when we weighed anchor.  Nice cruise between Moiles and Beardrop but not very far.  We  were cruising along and Bill made a turn.  At first I thought he was turning to avoid the wake of a passing boat and called him on the radio.  No he was turning into Beardrop but I didn't have the plotter zoomed out far enough to see it so I had to turn and come back.  Seemed pretty obvious once I zoomed out.........

We anchored far from other boats (two) and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon of puzzles, and reading.  Dinner tonight was aboard Drift Away.

The excitement of the day was finding islands for Abby to run around on and I would drop her off and then race around the island in the dingy and she would follow on shore.  I think she really enjoys the game as she is at every point and then heads off over the rocks or through the woods to the next point.  After about three times around she is tired and wants to get back in the dingy.  I prefer smaller islands as I feel there is less likelihood of a bear being there and I know she can run faster than me so who is going to get caught by the bear??
Beardrop Harbor

We had three other boats for company in here.  Not crowded!

Debbie, Bill and Jennifer working on a puzzle

While drinking beer
We watched another episode of Homeland and then off to bed.  It was a beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky all day.

1 comment: