Friday, September 1, 2017

Shanly Island to Moiles Harbor (next to John Island) 8/31/17

I took Abby back over to the beach at Shanly Island this morning and she ran around and found the latrine.  No amount of coaxing would get her to drop the "paper" and I finally had to leave the dingy to get her to come.  She thought it was all a big game yuck!!
We departed at 11:00 this morning as Seas the Day was doing laundry and my crew was doing her exercises for her wrist.  I hate watching as she makes it look very painful and makes all kinds of faces while she is doing it.  I'm beginning to wonder if she is not just a pain junky!
The cruise over was not far and we saw another looper this morning as we cruised along "Barefoot Lady", maybe we will catch up with them somewhere.  When we pulled into Moiles Harbor I dropped my anchor first and had to retrieve it and try again.  The second try worked much better and we were firmly hooked.  Bill tried next and wasn't lucky for the first two tries and then he hooked a log and we had to work hard to get it to come off.  See the attached pictures, it probably took an hour and we were wet and getting cold so a hot soup lunch was in order.

Maybe another nap this afternoon   zzzzzzzzzzzz.

This is the log Bill snagged

WE had a heck of a time getting the log out of the mouth of the Bruce anchor

Finally success



My lap dog co-pilot
We had a nice dinner aboard Seas the Day and another episode of Homeland.  Carrie is getting wackier every episode

No comments:

Post a Comment