Friday, August 18, 2017

Bone Island Day Two 8/14/17

Rob and Trish took these pictures when they left in the morning

With Abby
I decided today was the day that I would make the water maker work.  I spent hours running cleaning solutions and neutralizers through the water maker. I changed and washed the pre-filters and around lunch I started making water.  The machine worked well and four hours later we were all topped up with fresh water.  I'm not sure if you should make water with these in fresh water but since I need to change the membranes anyways I decided to give it a try.  Seemed to work well and the pump I had repaired the day before leaked a little but still functioned OK.
We enjoyed wasting water and had nice long showers and did some cleaning.  Good thing it worked because I had used up all of the fresh water cleaning the water maker.
Bill and Sandy made it back later in the afternoon and we rafted again for the night. Then Chuck and Sylvie arrived and we had cocktails aboard Drift Away and then dinner aboard C'est La Vie.  We stayed up a little later today and had a pleasant day.
The raft up for the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment