Friday, August 25, 2017

Bustard Islands Day 2 8/20/17

Another Beautiful day in the Bustard Islands.  Bill cleaned his dingy today with Scrubbing Bubbles (with chlorine).  Does it ever work well.  He even cleaned part of mine in hopes of shaming me into doing the rest.  It hasn't worked yet but maybe tomorrow. We had somewhat of a lazy morning, I did clean out the master shower sump, never one of my favorite jobs. It requires taking out all of the hanging clothes in a locker and then removing three panels to get into a cramped space and take out the filter drain and clean everything with soap and bleach.  Anyways its done and all is well in the world.
After lunch Debbie, Bill and I got in his dingy and went for a dingy ride around the Bustards and then over to the channel that goes by Obstacle Island.  I had wanted to do all of the small craft route through here but after passing through in the Dingy I saw why it's not recommended. Take a look at the accompanying pictures and you will see why.

That's the channel straight ahead

There is not a lot of room and it would be very difficult to swing the boat through here without hitting bottom or the rock

 
Great scenery around here

We made it back to the boats around 4:00 PM and agreed to meet for Pina Colidas and dinner on Seas the Day.  As we often do, we made dinner a joint effort.  Bill and Sandy provided the venue and the Weissworst and I provided the veggies and garlic mashed.  Sandy made Caesar salad and Debbie and I made peach crisp for dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment