Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Thomas Bay to Covered Portage 8/25/17

Yesterday Debbie and I stopped at a roadside blueberry stand and bought a quart of wild blueberries.  This morning Sandy made blueberry muffins from scratch and after I took Abby over to the nearby island for her morning run I was summoned for the fresh baked muffins hot out of the oven for breakfast.  Nice way to start a beautiful day.  Last night the stars were awesome, the Milky Way was clear and I saw a few satellites and shooting stars.  There are few places as good as Georgian Bay for star gazing.  Now if I can only get the Northern Lights working my day/night will be made!

Our anchorage in Thomas Bay  Great Pink Granite all over

The big bonus of Debbie finally getting her cast off is my dishwasher is fixed!!

Yes shes back

Now sporting a brace for another month and doing painful exercises to get her range of motion back

And the vacuum cleaner works too

Abby running around the island at Thomas Bay.  She blends in well with the granite
We pulled anchor mid morning and cruised back down Killarney Channel.  Seas  the Day went straight through and Debbie and I stopped to fill up with water at Killarney Mountain Lodge and to get some groceries at Pittfield's store.  Seas the Day had .already made their way to Covered Portage Cove and we rafted up for the evening.  Previously I had stayed inside the cove but we choose to anchor just outside the cove and dingyed around for a tour.  Now that we are getting late in August the crowds are gone and there were only three boats inside so I guess we could have stayed inside.
What Georgian Bay is all about

No comments:

Post a Comment